NEW SENSATIONS: PRIZE RULES
1. Submission deadline for all uploaded profiles on SAATCHI ONLINE is 6pm on Friday 2 July 2010.
2. Details of the shortlisted 20 artists and four finalists will be posted on SAATCHI ONLINE in July 2010.
3. The shortlisted 20 artists may be required to take part in prize-related press coverage, and by entering the prize all entrants are agreeing to do so.
4. The four finalists will be required to be available for two days during August 2010 so that Channel 4 can make a short film about them and their work, specifically the new commission which each of the four finalists will make for the New Sensations exhibition in October in London.
5. The New Sensations finalists will be selected by a panel of judges by 31 July 2010 and each will be commissioned to produce a new piece of work for the prize. The 4 works produced by the 4 finalists will be exhibited at an exhibition in October in London along with the work of the other shortlisted artists.
6. The judges' decision at all stages of the judging process is final.
7. The panel of judges will choose a winner from the four completed new commissions made by the 4 finalists of the prize.
8. The winner will be awarded a cash prize.
9. The prize is open to all BA or MA students graduating in 2010 from a UK art school and we will seek proof of studentship via the relevant department. If you aren't graduating from a BA or MA degree at a UK art school in 2010 you will not be eligible and your entry will be removed from the New Sensations site on SAATCHI ONLINE.
10. No employees of Channel 4 or the Saatchi Gallery may apply.
11. Artists upload their work onto SAATCHI ONLINE to enter the prize entirely at their own risk. Channel 4 and the Saatchi Gallery shall have no liability in relation to any infringement of any of the artists' copyright or other rights in their work arising from the posting of the work on SAATCHI ONLINE.
12. Artists are solely responsible for ensuring that their work has been successfully uploaded onto SAATCHI ONLINE before the deadline, and Channel 4 and the Saatchi Gallery shall have no liability in this regard. Under no circumstances will any work be considered for the prize that cannot be viewed on SAATCHI ONLINE and/or that is submitted after the deadline.
13. By entering the prize, all competitors agree to take part in a 3 minute film made by Channel 4 about themselves and their work if they are selected as one of the four finalists of New Sensations.
Filming will take place in August 2010 (precise dates to be confirmed) and the competitors will make themselves available as required. The four finalists will be required to assign all rights in their contribution to the film to Channel 4.
14. All entrants must be 18 or over.
15. All work must be wholly original and be solely created by the artist. All work must not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party, and must not have been entered in any other prize.
16. Failure to comply with any of the prize rules will result in immediate disqualification.
17. The organisers of the prize reserve the right to revise, alter and amend the prize rules at any time. The current and up to date prize rules may be viewed on the website during the period of the prize.