Our new academy is sponsored by E-ACT, the national education charity that seeks to improve the aspirations, learning, achievement and personal development of young people. E-ACT has great experience in setting up high-achieving new academies, with 13 already open and several more in development.
E-ACT Blackley Academy will share the qualities of E-ACTâ€™s existing academies, which include:
* Outstanding leadership and management, and a relentless pursuit for excellence
* Teaching and learning that is routinely good, if not outstanding
* Confident, lively, enthusiastic learners who demonstrate exemplary behaviour
* Curriculum opportunities that enable learners to build on their experiences and personal development
* An ethos that fosters unity, nationhood and citizenship based on respect for people from all backgrounds
* The ability to act as a learning centre for the whole community, promoting cohesion
* Being at the forefront of educational developments
* Offering professional development opportunities for all staff.